Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I have a headache

I'm not getting any rest as the presidential campaigning has seven days to go and according to the new pundits John McCain is behind. We listened to Sarah Palin on Fox Network this morning as she gave her speech to a crowd in Pennsylvania. I really like listening to her and I generally don't listen to any politician give a speech, but I think she's terrific! I never saw her look at her notes once.

I have two articles I'd like to mention today. One is from the Wall Street dated Saturday/Sunday, October 235-26, 2008, on the Opinion page. It was the "Weekend Interview with Fred Smith" by Stephen Moore the title "Washington is the Problem." Here's the link - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122488966230768509.html?mod=article-outset-box. It is a lengthy article but very interesting. Fred Smith is FedEx's CEO and he backs Senator McCain. A quote from the article is "the politicians deplore the fact that we have a disparity of income, but the only way to make a blue-collar person earn more is to invest in capital, training and infrastructure. So, the more you tax capital, the more you hurt workers." And, in my humble opinion that is the main argument against Obama's politics and what he is preaching.

I have come to the conclusion the majority of Obama's followers must have never owned a business and maybe have been low income wage earners and maybe they don't realize how bad if would be for our economy to raise taxes on our businesses. Why should we punish their rights for free enterprise which is what our country is all about. If you have an opportunity to read the complete text, it will be worth you time.

The other article is from our local newspaper, the Las Vegas Review Journal, dates Saturday, October 25, 2008, front page below the fold - "Republicans Always Happier, Survey Says" and what's weird about this to me is that I have always thought that. The Liberal Democrats that I know and are friends with are very cynical and pessimistic. The article was written by David Montgomery of the Washington Post. Here's the link, but if it doesn't work, go to the "Washington Post" David Montgomery, or google David Montgomery. It's a pretty interesting article with comments - although I didn't take the time to read the comments when I was getting the link for this blog - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/23/AR2008102303473.html?nav=rss_print/style

That's it for today - I've been ranting and raving around the house about the campaigns and the polls, and finally decided to limit my TV viewing this week to only a couple of my favorites. I'm losing sleep. Heading for the kitchen to make a pot of chicken soup, maybe that'll be good therapy.

Take good care and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment