Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crossroads

Each passing day as we are brought closer and closer to election day and it seems as though we are approaching a cross roads of how much more can each political party do to sway any voters who haven't made up their mind on who they will vote for in the election.

Obama has had massive amounts of money donated to his campaign. He will be spending a large amount on a half hour TV program during prime time baseball playoffs. I wonder how the sports fans are going to feel about that! Interesting.......can't wait to see how that works out. I continue to receive all shapes and sizes of envelopes requesting money for Senator McCann's campaign, but the bank of Jean has been put in habeas corpus. We have not been hit by the stock market downturn but by the hand of "don't spend or else" as delegated by my branch manager -me! I receive two or three telephone calls a day from a very nice person at the GOP telephone bank asking the same questions. I am sorry but last evening I was in the middle of the end of a Bill O'Reilly program and I really wanted to hear it when a sweet old lady called to ask a couple of question and I think I was a little impatient. I thought I heard a surprise tone in her voice when after she thanked me for my time, I also thanked her for her time. I know they are volunteering for rights to tickets to attend an appearance of either Senator McCain or Governor Palin.

Sarah Palin will be here in Henderson at the Pavilion today. I would have liked to have gone, but I couldn't deal with the time in line and neither could my husband. Rallies are for the healthy people unless you are in a wheelchair - not that someone in a wheelchair is healthy, but at least you have a seat. Please, I'm not being disrespectful, our son was in a wheelchair and I know how that works. But, if you have a disability that is not obvious and you don't need special seating, but the health problems involve the inability to stand long or walk long distances then you have few choices for rallies of any sorts. Governor Palin did call me last night on the telephone. I was awestruck. I was breathless and was shocked. Yes, I absolutely was speechless even though I knew it was a recording - it really sounded like her. The Dems think they have a rock star with Obama, but I know we have a rocket star in Sarah Palin - she's gorgeous and amazing!!!!

We will vote tomorrow and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment