Saturday, August 29, 2009

Feeling guilty

Actually, I was feeling guilty and wondering if I was justified in that. I remember when my husband and I went to Marriage Encounter many years ago, it was said that "Feelings are neither right nor wrong" but we know the right or wrong is the outcome and how we react.

I have not watched the funeral of Senator Edward Kennedy. I do not have fond memories of him although I have heard of many of the bills he has been responsible for that has helped the poor and needy. Nonetheless, we lived in Massachusetts during the time of the horrible death of Mary Jo Kopechne. I was much younger then but raising my children and even so had a moral sense of outrage at Senator Kennedy's reaction or lack of - totally avoiding helping that young beautiful woman who was in his care - a coward. And since, cooperating in assisting getting his nephews off and out of trouble when they had women troubles. I just don't have any respect. Maybe that's why I really don't feel guilty or want to give any homage to a man of his background.
When I opened my blog dashboard the first thing I saw was the photo of a very young military boy - yes, a boy. He had only been in the Army for a year and now he is dead. Can you imagine the grief of his parents. This is where my grief and tears are shed - painfully. He is the hero and he should be given the honor that Senator Kennedy is receiving. Oh my! My heart is breaking into 1000 pieces thinking of that young man's family. So soon, gone. Truly a Hero.

The solder is Pfc. Matthew E. Wildes, 18, of Hammond, La., joined the Army in 2008. He deployed to Afghanistan on May 24, 2009, and died August 27 of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his vehicle. You can read more about this young man at Airmanmom's blog.
Airman Mom is dedicated to bringing us bloggers the news of our military personnel and I appreciate her dedication and contribution so much. Thank you Airman Mom, you are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment