Sunday, April 11, 2010

Do we need another revolution?

An article in the Los Angeles times reports on Newt Gingrich and his opinion of what the Republicans need to do to win the election. Amazing appearance with his opinion is Barney Franks and his two cents worth about Newt. Is this a "here we go again" moment? Should the Republicans stand up and take notice of the man who made a difference and took back the Congress in the 90s when Clinton was in office?

The citizens of the United States stood up and voted for Change when they voted Barack Obama into office, but remember it wasn't a land slide vote. We shouldn't forget either who was on the ballot for the Republican party and remember they didn't get enough votes to carry it off. There were several good choices, it was difficult to narrow it down, maybe that was the problem then. Today we have the same ole faces back on the stage looking for another change to make their own kind of change. Please!!! I remember the struggle I had then trying to decide who I would vote for, I remember the day we went to the school down the street to pick our choice for Nevada's nominee.

There is one issue that has been brought to light from the Republican's meeting in New Orleans that is puzzling to me. Ron Paul is still a very popular politician among conservative voters. He beat out Sarah Palin, but Mitt Romney won the straw poll in the end. And, unfortunately, Newt Gingrich came in last. Personally, I don't get Ron Paul. I have met some of his supporters. They are very passionate. They are dedicated. I wasn't part of their revolution. I haven't formed a vision of him as an individual who would fit the shoes of my President. However, I will say, if he wins the nomination I will support him.

On FoxNews Sunday, Chris Wallace interviewed Michelle Bachmann. I thought the questions were hard hitting but the one I was most interested in that I have found no Republican has an answer for and that concerns the Heathcare Bill. The majority of Republicans are against the bill but none can give a quality answer on how to improve or replace what the Democrats have given us. We can all find what is wrong and that is the cost, plus some of the stipulations however what choice do we have - what can the Republicans do better. I have not heard one Republican give an answer I would stand up and cheer about. And, that is what worries me.

Complain, criticize, moan and groan, but what the heck are they going to do to trump the Dems when the election comes around. Everyone says oh this is the year the Republicans make their come back. Well, to tell you the truth, I see no movement that makes any sense like the movement Newt had back in the 90s. We are all sick and tired of having stuff rammed down our throats that we are totally against, but if the Republican leaders can't come up with how they will take the leadership, then we are in deep doo-doo! Granted there are the loyal followers who will vote conservative, but they aren't the majority.

So far, in my humble opinion, I see no mover and shaker - yes, there's Sarah Palin, but sorry folks, I'm still of the mind she needs more governing experience to win - it's just the way it is. Yes, I know she is wiser and more experienced than Obama and she probably knows a lot more about nuclear anything than Obama, but it still comes down to the persona in today's society.

No comments:

Post a Comment