Monday, July 13, 2009

Sonia Sotomayor - Confirmation hearings

In the course of the past couple of days, I have responded to several opinion polls as to whether or not I thought Sonia Sotomayor would be the next Supreme Court Justice to replace Souter. I answered yes every time. There was only one poll out of the many that was tied with "no" the rest were all unanimous yes, she would be confirmed.

I actually felt guilty, but it is inevitable. Not only because the Democrats outnumber the Republicans but because it is a done deal. The Republicans had a tough time selling their candidates regardless of their race or experience. I don't know why except the first word that popped into my mind was pantie waist chickens - the Democrats that it! I know that is a silly thing to say but I do think they act juvenile at times. They scream racial indignations all day long, but if a Republican brings a full qualified person of Hispanic or African American or even Italian, Irish or Polish, forget all about it - - it's a no wash!

It all gets very boring after a while being able to predict the footpath of the Dems. I wish they would practice what they preach. This position should be about the law and the following to the letter of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment