Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Congratulations! Charles Krauthammer


This afternoon on Fox News it was announced that Charles Krauthammer won the Eric Breindel award for Excellence in Journalism. You may read about it here.

My husband and I are faithful watchers of the Fox News program in the afternoon where Charles Krauthammer is a member of a panel of three - himself included. It is an inspirational and educational 20 minutes because Mr. Krauthammer doesn't mince his words and sometimes adds a touch of humor which can be momentous! His opinion on political matters is to be respected.

The first time I saw Mr. Krauthammer was back in the early 90s when I was a faithful watcher of C-SPAN early in the morning when Brian Lamb was the host. I was always up early (3:00 AM Las Vegas time) because I was caring for my son Brian who had been injured while serving with the Army in Germany. My Brian had severe brain damage and severe respiratory condition. Brian was totally disabled and we never left him alone. I became a C-SPAN addict since the cable programing at that time was slim but also C-SPAN offered volumes of knowledge to be learned by just tuning in.

Mr. Krauthammer was a regular guest on C-SPAN at that time. Then, as now, I find him very interesting and wouldn't miss any opportunity to hear him speak or to read his columns.

I was very proud and grateful he was awarded this award. He is truly deserving.

No comments:

Post a Comment